As I’ve mentioned before, eating right does not mean that you have to completely give up on your favorite foods. It’s all about knowing the right portions.
During the week, I like to eat as clean as I can. By clean, I mean as healthy as I can. This includes incorporating a good amount of vegetables into your meals. Greens will become your best friend, if they aren’t already.
To reward myself, I allow one to two cheat meals during the weekend. Now, that’s only if I’ve been eating clean the entire week. If I’ve been slacking, then I’ll try my best to not have a cheat meal on the weekend.
I’m not going to lie, eating clean can be difficult. Some say the hardest part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle is not going to the gym, it’s what you feed yourself. However, eating clean is rewarding in itself. Your body feels so much better when it’s getting the right nutrients.
When it comes to cooking, I tend to look up a lot of new and different recipes. By doing this, I don’t get bored of the foods I eat because I switch it up every so often.
Can You Stay for Dinner, written by Andie Mitchell, is an awesome blog where you can find a variety of delicious, healthy recipes, as well as weight loss tips.
Nicole Cisneros, a close friend of mine, recommended Andie’s blog to me. She’s actually made a few of the meals listed on Andie’s blog.
“At first, I didn’t think the meals would taste so delicious, but I was wrong,” Cisneros said. “Her meals are delicious!”
For all of you desert lovers, I’m one of them, there’s even healthy desert recipes to choose from on her blog!
Some of her recipes include:
- Southwestern Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken
- Whole Wheat Waffle Recipe with Warm Peach Sauce
- Five Delicious and Light Bagel Toppings with Cream Cheese
- Cheesy Mexican Quinoa Black Bean Casserole
- Healthy Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- Healthy Beef Nachos Recipe for 374 Calories!
- Grilled Chicken with Bruschetta Topping
- Turkey, Bacon and Avocado Wrap
- Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Recipe
- Sarabeth’s Chocolate Chubbies
- Frosted Hazelnut Espresso Brownies
These are just a few of the recipes listed on her blog. There are over 20 pages of recipes to choose from, so make sure to check it out! Make your healthy meals fun and delicious!